Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am I Being charged for free apps?

everytime I try and download free games etc it is asking me for my billing info?

I Filled it all in and saying problem even though the download is free any way?? What do I do

😐

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.2

Posted on Jun 23, 2015 2:42 PM

1 reply

Jun 25, 2015 2:13 PM in response to Mrsuddin

Hello there, Mrsuddin.

It sounds like you are being prompted to verify your payment information when purchasing free game content. When you create an Apple ID a payment option is required and must be verified before you can proceed. The following Knowledge Base article further explains this feature:

Create an iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store account without a credit card or other payment method - Apple Support

If you already have an Apple ID

If you've already created your Apple ID, you'll need to add a payment method when you first use it to sign in to the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store. But you can optionally remove the payment methodafter you sign in to the store. You won't be asked for a payment method again until you make your first purchase.

Thanks for being a part of Apple Support Communities.

Kind Regards,

Pedro.

Why am I Being charged for free apps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.