Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will iPhone 6 talk to iPhoto 2?

My dad has a G4, 10.4.11. It has iPhoto 2.0.1 on it, and it still works nicely.

He's looking into buying an iPhone 6, but wants to know if he would be able to upload a photo from the phone to iPhoto 2.0.1 on the G4. Anybody know?

Posted on Jun 23, 2015 6:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2015 7:35 PM

You need a much newer Mac to synch the phone. However, Image Capture may "see" the images on the phone.

EDIT: NOPE! No joy. I have an iPad running iOS 8.3 and just plugged it into my G4 MDD running 10.4.11 and the computer did not recognize the iPad; Image Capture reported "no devices detected" or something to that effect.

You might check in the iPhone forums to see if someone has a workabout. However, the bottom line is that a G4 "anything" is struggling today. The last ones were shipped 11 years ago. I keep mine set up to run an older version of creative suite, but that's about all it handles well any more.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2015 7:35 PM in response to James Snedeker

You need a much newer Mac to synch the phone. However, Image Capture may "see" the images on the phone.

EDIT: NOPE! No joy. I have an iPad running iOS 8.3 and just plugged it into my G4 MDD running 10.4.11 and the computer did not recognize the iPad; Image Capture reported "no devices detected" or something to that effect.

You might check in the iPhone forums to see if someone has a workabout. However, the bottom line is that a G4 "anything" is struggling today. The last ones were shipped 11 years ago. I keep mine set up to run an older version of creative suite, but that's about all it handles well any more.

Will iPhone 6 talk to iPhoto 2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.