Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac no longer receives calls.

Howdy,

I have changed my Apple id due to a new ISP.

Since doing so, I can no longer receive phone calls on my Macbook air.

I can make calls using the Macbook air via the iPhone no problem however the mac no longer rings or receives calls.

All FaceTime/iCloud accounts are logged in with the new ID, all preferences set as they should be.

Have tried numerous ways to get it working, restarting, logging off, on etc and have had no luck.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Regards,

Stefan Nowak.

Posted on Jun 23, 2015 10:29 PM

1 reply

Jun 24, 2015 8:30 AM in response to Stefan Nowak

Cellular calling doesn't yet work reliably. Any improvement may only be temporary.

Make sure you've followed the instructions in this support article. Note that both iCloud and FaceTime on the Mac must be signed in to the same Apple ID; those are two separate steps. Also note that the Mac and the phone must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Ethernet won't work. Trying to pair the phone to the Mac as a Bluetooth device won't work either.

No Continuity feature will work if either of the devices is connected to a VPN.

If cellular calling still doesn't work, sign out of FaceTime and sign back in. You may have to do the same on the phone. The email address that you use as your Apple ID must be able to receive FaceTime calls.

Mac no longer receives calls.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.