Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new iphone 6 plus from Amazon.in came with lot of Preloaded stuff

My new iphone 6 plus from Amazon.in came preloaded with 670 family photos, SMS's, reminders, shopping lists, books, 202 contacts in English and also in Japanese and lot of other stuff. Must have been used in the US. Tried contacting Apple but no use. Sent it back to Amazon and still waiting for a refund 😟 It's been almost two weeks. Disappointing! I have given the link for screen captures:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3viy7zbnsc41ei0/AAD3M-6rzhteOsVvIg26FE61a?dl=0

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 24, 2015 7:07 AM

5 replies

Jun 24, 2015 7:28 AM in response to imike_001

Sounds like Amazon.in or whichever seller there in you bought this from, sent you used iPhone 6.

Amazon also hosts independent sellers. You probably bought the iPhone of off one of them, and it had been previously used.

This unfortunately has nothing to do with Apple at this point. You will need to work with Amazon directly, and sort it out.

Also how much did you pay for the iPhone? If it was really cheap or at least simnifically under the price of a regular retail iPhone it was likely a used / pre-owned iPhone.

Jul 6, 2015 10:50 AM in response to imike_001

Hey. Same here too man! Got it from Amazon.in today and turned out it had loads of preloaded photos and contacts and the numbers match yours. Moreover there is no option to reset the phone and you also cannot download apps. Have initiated the return with Amazon.in.

Maybe some sellers in India are somehow getting their hands on these demo phones and selling them online!

My new iphone 6 plus from Amazon.in came with lot of Preloaded stuff

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.