Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo library inaccesible because of 2nd drive

All right I'm in a bit of pickle

First I have to explain the situation, although it may sound stupid:

I cloned my HDD onto a new SSD, then installed that SSD as my main drive and the original HDD in the optical bay (and put the CD-drive in an usb case to be used in rare cases.) Now comes the important part, I then deleted my photo library from the SSD and kept it on the original HDD hoping this would work as the library still existed. And it doesn't (well not completely) ... Is there a way to fix it without having to keep my photos videos and music on my SSD ?

Note the HDD in the optical bay still has the original systems folder going al the way down to users/pictures/photolibrary

(I know its an ugly solution, but I had a deadline to make so I didn't have the time to do it properly)

The weird thing is, my browser Firefox still finds the photo library and so does indesign, but some other programs do not (especially Word, which is what got me here)

Any help? thanks

MacBook Pro, iOS 8.3, SSD + original HDD in optical bay

Posted on Jun 24, 2015 6:39 AM

3 replies

Jun 24, 2015 1:03 PM in response to Yer_Man

Thanks for the reply! That's what I thought too, but accessing the library through Word doesn't work while it does with other programs.

By that I mean, I go to the photo's tab in the left bar, when using "insert" in word, it only shows photobooth as a library to take photos from

While when I use insert with let's say firefox or indesign, going through the same motions, it shows me both photos and photobooth to pick from..

Most likely a problem with Word rather than with the way the library is set up, but still weird. If Word is most likely the culprit, I'll move myself and my question to the microsoft office forums or whatever they might call it and try there.

Photo library inaccesible because of 2nd drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.