Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone else? iPhone won't back up to iCloud even though there's plenty of available space

iPhone 5S, 32GB

iCloud, 200GB

iOS 8.3 (which has repeatedly crashed on me more than any other version of iOS I've used since the original iPod Touch)

I'm at the end of my rope here. My iPhone last backed itself up to iCloud on May 26th while it was charging overnight. I have not been able to get it to backup since then. I've tried everything listed in the Apple support articles, which turned out to be entirely useless. I've tried resetting my WiFi settings, my device settings, restarting dozens of times, initiating a manual iCloud backup. Everything. Fails. Every. Time.

To add insult to injury, I can't even do a manual backup through iTunes on my work or home computers. I have no idea what to do, or why this version of iOS (8.3) seems to be the worst of the bunch. The maddeningly inconsistent WiFi issues in early versions of iOS 8 were bad enough without now being unable to back up my device to the cloud storage space I'm paying Apple extra for each month.

Is anyone else experiencing this broken feature here?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 24, 2015 6:18 AM

8 replies

Jun 24, 2015 9:13 PM in response to mvaughn

I am having the same issue. My iPhone 6 plus running iOS 8.3 has not backed up to iCloud since 6/1/15. I have tried manually backing up but I just get the message "The last back up could not be completed". I also con not back up via iTunes. I have 20GB of iCloud storage and the backup is about 4.9GB. i have enough room on my mac book air to backup but i receive a message saying i don't have enough space.

Jun 29, 2015 5:55 AM in response to mvaughn

same issue, I ran over storage space and deleted some outdated backups but with 3+GB of space and a tiny backup it's still saying there isn't enough room. The standard reboot stuff hasn't worked, I can't find a place to trigger a manual backup and short of deleting the old backup I can't think of anything else that might work (really don't want to do that, sort of like having at least one backup) If anyone has suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Anyone else? iPhone won't back up to iCloud even though there's plenty of available space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.