Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I set page orientation in print in yosemite

Trying to print a document in pages in landscape versus portrait orientation. Cannot find option in print dialogue? Please set me straight. Showing details.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jun 24, 2015 6:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2015 7:11 AM

Just found the solution. Have no idea why Apple support doesn't reference this - in Pages go to File, Page Setup. You'll readily see the option to set the orientation. UGH. What a waste of time to search for this solution. It should be on the print dialogue box. Why not? Who knows.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2015 7:11 AM in response to LSSABS

Just found the solution. Have no idea why Apple support doesn't reference this - in Pages go to File, Page Setup. You'll readily see the option to set the orientation. UGH. What a waste of time to search for this solution. It should be on the print dialogue box. Why not? Who knows.

Nov 23, 2015 8:51 AM in response to LSSABS

Neither Windows 7, or Ubuntu Linux place a page orientation selection on the newly opened print panel. Many, but not all OS X applications will place orientation icons on the print panel, though Pages '09, and Pages v5 have omitted it. Windows and Ubuntu offer an optional properties button on that print panel that leads one to an orientation selector. The Safari print panel does offer page alignment icons. This will vary by application. Some applications (e.g. LibreOffice) by-pass the Apple print panel entirely.

In Pages v5, there are two choices for switching from portrait to landscape prior to printing.

1. File menu : Page Setup… and click the landscape orientation icon
  2. Click Document on the toolbar, and then click the landscape orientation icon found on the Document panel

how do I set page orientation in print in yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.