Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Import/Export Custom Settings/Locations?

Just purchased Compressor 4.2, and spent some time creating custom settings and locations on my laptop. Then I installed Compressor on my iMac and I guess I expected that there would be some method to import/export my laptop custom settings to my iMac, and even better, that Apple would have already put custom settings in iCloud for all instances of the app on every device.

Apparently, there is no function to do this, and apparently the way to do this is to go to my Library and copy the settings deep down in the bowels of my computers.

Apple should be ashamed of this oversight (and actually I think Compressor should have been included with Final Cut Pro X as I wanted better workflows than handing every FCP movie to Handbrake).

Am I missing something?

Posted on Jun 24, 2015 8:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2015 9:23 AM

So I assume you know how to do this already by copying and you want to know whether there is an alternative way? The answer is no.

If you want Apple to create an alternative method, I suggest you use Feedback and make a feature request.

Russ

5 replies

Import/Export Custom Settings/Locations?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.