Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 Plus Exchange Calendar and Location Services

I'm having an issue with my device or maybe it's just an unsupported feature.

My iPhone 6Plus is syncing with my work Exchange Mail Account using ActiveSync, everything syncs flawlessly. My issue is when I create a calendar event in my calendar using the Exchange Calendar (my default Calendar) and I choose to enter a location it does not connect with the location services and or offer me suggestions from Apple Maps based on what I'm typing for my event location. However when I enter an event into my iCloud Calendar the location services work when creating the event here.

Is this feature I'm looking for not supported with non-iCloud accounts or am I just missing a setting because I've been inside and out of my iPhone settings and cannot find a solution.

Thanks so much.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 24, 2015 9:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 4:14 PM

I don't believe the version of ActiveSync that Apple uses in iOS 8 supports locations in calendar appointments. However, iCloud accounts do support it.

So what you're seeing is what's expected, for now. If Microsoft enhances the ActiveSync protocol to support this, maybe Apple will support it in a future iOS version.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2015 4:14 PM in response to edavis677

I don't believe the version of ActiveSync that Apple uses in iOS 8 supports locations in calendar appointments. However, iCloud accounts do support it.

So what you're seeing is what's expected, for now. If Microsoft enhances the ActiveSync protocol to support this, maybe Apple will support it in a future iOS version.

Iphone 6 Plus Exchange Calendar and Location Services

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.