Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes store not working in iPhone5S, instead loads itunesU and stops working

Hello, I wonder if I can get some assistance. For a while now every time I try to open Tunes Store in my iPhone 5S it automatically goes to a screen that on top says iTunes U, then the logo in the middle, and below a message:

'Learn with complete courses from leading universities and schools" and a clickable "Get the iTunes U App"

User uploaded file

And there is no way I can get the iTunes Store and NOT the iTunes U

Any idea on how to recoup my iTunes Store app? I have now my apple watch and for some features it needs me to open iTunes Store, and no the iTunesU

Thanks

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Jun 24, 2015 12:15 PM

16 replies

Jun 24, 2015 12:46 PM in response to turingtest2

Tried double tapping and flicking away, if reopen then I get the same result, it tries to go to iTunesU. The App store opens OK in the phone, and I can order and buy apps from the iPhone. Also I can open iTunes Windows software in the PC and it works just fine.

It is only in the iPhone that the iTunes windows goes to iTunes U. The App store works fine

Jun 24, 2015 12:52 PM in response to King_Penguin

I am located in Uruguay. But I had access before to iTunes Store, this problem happened only after I downloaded the iTunes U. I uninstalled iTunesU and never let me go back to ITunes Store, the phone keeps asking me to download iTunes U when I click on iTunes Store.

The strange thing is that in the past I was able to open the iTunes Store app inthe iPhone with no problem. Only when I tried iTunesU and then deleted it is that I start having this problem

Jun 24, 2015 12:56 PM in response to romero5162

I've read a comment that someone posted about "RESET then RESET NETWORK SETTINGS then enter your PIN" but I am afraid I will loose connectivity to my McAfee VPN connection and in that case it takes a while to re-load my email and contacts, so I'd rather not do this reset. Any other alternative to recuperate my iTunes Store in the phone will be greatly appreciated

Jun 24, 2015 1:32 PM in response to King_Penguin

OK, I see that the link lists nothing available for Uruguay, so I guess this is valid for music (which I buy with CDs only and transfer to the iPhone) . While Music/Videos/TVShows in iTunes Store are unavailable in this country, the Apps are a different thing and it is OK to buy from my iTunes account from Uruguay .... that's all I can guess at this time. Thanks!

Itunes store not working in iPhone5S, instead loads itunesU and stops working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.