Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Prevent remote wiping by Exchange

I was asked by my company to monitor my company email from my personal iPhone. After becoming aware of the remote wipe feature on the Exchange server, I informed my company that I was unwilling to continue using my personal phone. I deleted the email account from my phone, but one of the IT people told me that the policy is still resident on my phone and it could still be wiped remotely. Is it possible to sever that connection? Will backing up my phone and then doing a factory reset help? If I restore the backup, am I not restoring the policy too?

Posted on Jun 24, 2015 11:45 AM

4 replies

Jun 30, 2015 5:20 AM in response to rmcc55

If they didn't use an MDM to configure the phone, and all you had done was add the Exchange account in Settings>Mail, Contact, Calendars, then their ability to wipe the phone was taken away when you deleted the account from the phone.

If you download the Microsoft Outlook iOS app, your company can enforce password policies on your phone, however, their ability to wipe data will be limited to data contained within the Outlook app itself. They can not completely wipe the device, only Outlook.

Prevent remote wiping by Exchange

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.