Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Troubleshooting network drives

I'm having a few issues. I'm one of a handful of people in my company using a Mac and my IT department is stumped as to how to get my network drives set up. We've been able to connect to one server, however when I go to drill down through the folders that I need, access simply stops. I get to one folder and it appears empty (it's not I can access fully from the PC at work). The other drive I'm trying to get set up with is a Novell drive, and IT has told me that none of the workarounds they testing functioned properly. Part of the problem is my IT department told me when we purchased the MacBook that they would not support the device and I was on my own, which is problematic as I have no admin rights or IT access to any of our PC's, servers, etc. One person in IT has a mac and has been helping me but is very busy and not sure where to go from here. My last issue has to do with using Citrix to access my PC via my mac. Everything works fine and I can open any documents from my drives via Citrix but I can't save or copy any files back to the drives.

Any thoughts on my multitude of issues?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Jun 24, 2015 10:27 AM

5 replies

Jun 24, 2015 10:47 AM in response to Ho Lee MACkeral

In regards to the desktop I can access it fine via Citrix, it's just the inability to save or copy files to drives.

We've done that(finder, go, connect to server) to connect to the non Novell server. It connects, and then when I go into the server and go into the folders I need it just stops. I get to one folder and open it and there's nothing in it (except there are actually multiple other folders in it).

Will entering smb://xxx.xx.xx.xxx(the IP address) work for a Novell drive? I'm not exactly sure what my IT department has tested as they did not do so on my machine.

Troubleshooting network drives

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.