Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast freezes iPhone 4s

When ever I try to play a podcast on my iphone the phone freezes and the only way I can get it to work again is a hard restart. HEELLP!!!!

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 24, 2015 11:16 AM

1 reply

Jun 26, 2015 11:47 AM in response to Everything else is taken

Hello Everything else is taken,

I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with your iPhone. If you are having intermittent but persistent hard freezes with your iPhone when trying to play podcasts, you may want to make sure you have a backup of your data, then try reinstalling the operating system as outlined below (the article is aimed at a slightly different issue, but the steps listed may also be useful for more general interface issues):

If your device turns on but gets stuck during start up

You might see the Apple logo or a red or blue screen for a long time during start up. Try these steps:

1. Connect your device to a computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, you can borrow one, or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for help.
  2. While your device is connected, force it to restart. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don't release when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding until you see the Recovery mode screen.
    User uploaded file
  3. When you get the option to restore or update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data.
    User uploaded file

iTunes will download the software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3 again

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on - Apple Support

Sincerely,

- Brenden

Podcast freezes iPhone 4s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.