Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

memory problem

After installing upgrade of new 2015 Photoshop from Adobe I have a problem with one of the filters of the software. I was using it without a problem in 2014 edition. The man from Adobe from India said my computer is too old for the new software and I need more memory. I have 2 slots 4GB installed and 2 available.

Computer is late 2009 27" desktop.Processor 2.66 GHz Intel Core i5, Graphics ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB.

The problem is : looking it up in the Apple store I found this part is not available for my computer.

The problem is : using the filter for pictures frames I can't keep the custom frame shape and color I saved and any time I'm trying to use the filter it comes back in the the shape I saved but not in color, comes all the time in green constantly.

Am I missing something???

Thanks for any input 😁

iMac (27-inch Late 2009), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 24, 2015 12:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2015 1:18 PM

Your model can handle:

Maximum Memory32 GB (Core i5 or Core i7 Actual) 16 GB (Apple)
Memory Slots4 - 204-pin PC3-8500 (1066 MHz) DDR3 SO-DIMM

You can add two more modules or replace all four. Memory should be added in matched pairs although each pair need not be the same. Reliable vendors are OWC, DataMem, and Crucial. You need not purchase RAM from Apple. You can install the RAM yourself.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2015 1:18 PM in response to bonter

Your model can handle:

Maximum Memory32 GB (Core i5 or Core i7 Actual) 16 GB (Apple)
Memory Slots4 - 204-pin PC3-8500 (1066 MHz) DDR3 SO-DIMM

You can add two more modules or replace all four. Memory should be added in matched pairs although each pair need not be the same. Reliable vendors are OWC, DataMem, and Crucial. You need not purchase RAM from Apple. You can install the RAM yourself.

Jun 24, 2015 1:23 PM in response to bonter

Is this your mac:

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/imac/specs/imac-core-i5-2.66-27-inch-alumi num-late-2009-specs.html

If so, you can go add quite a bit of RAM; take a look here:

http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/memory/iMac/DDR3_21.5_27

Apple and OWC both support up to 16 GB RAM although the 27" has been tested to work with 32 GB.

If you are running Photoshop, I would definitely try to go to 16 - 4 GB will not do it. Also make sure that your graphics card is good enough for the PS version you are running.

memory problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.