Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi, i have a question about my ipod touch, its the 4th generation and well i tried updating it, but its not updating, My general settings say my device it up to date but to the software (6.1.6) and Apple has updated their software to iOS 8, Help?////

Can you please tell me what going on with my ipod i wish to update it, hardly any apps i can install, Please help me ,

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.6, Can some one please help

Posted on Jun 24, 2015 2:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2015 2:15 PM

It's correct. A fourth generation iPod touch isn't capable of running iOS 7 or above.

If desired, download the current version of those applications to a computer or compatible iOS device, click here, and try following the instructions.

(129177)

6 replies

Sep 8, 2016 2:47 PM in response to tmrounds452

Starting when iOS 7 was released, Apple now allows downloading the last compatible version of some apps (iOS 4.2.1 and later only)

Install the latest compatible version of an app on an earlier version of iOS or OS X

Starting when iOS 7 was released, Apple now allows downloading the last compatible version of some apps (iOS 4.2.1 and later only)

Install the latest compatible version of an app on an earlier version of iOS or OS X

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201377

App Store: Downloading Older Versions of Apps

https://sites.google.com/site/appleclubfhs/support/advice-and-articles/app-store -downloading-older-versions-of-apps-ios

You first have to download the non-compatible version on your computer. Then when you try to purchase the version on your iPod you will be offered a compatible version if one exists.

Hi, i have a question about my ipod touch, its the 4th generation and well i tried updating it, but its not updating, My general settings say my device it up to date but to the software (6.1.6) and Apple has updated their software to iOS 8, Help?////

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.