Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Yosimite download broken?

Went to download Yosimite and got an error "unable to complete - ltry later?" REALLY????

Mac mini (Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 24, 2015 2:48 PM

4 replies

Jun 24, 2015 2:54 PM in response to newsound

This can sometimes be caused by a connectivity issue with the Mac App Store being unable to communicate with Apple's servers. There are a few things that you can check first:

1. Double check the time and date. If the time or date is incorrect it will cause authentication issues.

2. Try disabling any 3rd party security software that you may be using and try the connection again.

3. Quit the Mac App Store and wait a few minutes before trying it again.

4. If you continue to have issues you can reboot the computer into safe mode. Safe mode will not erase any files or settings, but will disable all 3rd party software except the essentials. In safe mode try the download again. OS X: Safe Mode

Jun 24, 2015 6:00 PM in response to macuser7777

Thanks so much for your help.

I tried all you that mentioned except #4 - Safe Mode.

After some research, I feel that it's an Apple account issue . . . I found out that my account has been blocked for some reason - so, I'll have to deal with that first. Having 2 Apple accounts - one in the US and one in Canada has been a nightmare in so many ways including iTunes, App Store, etc.

I suspect that is the problem here too.

I will definitely try #4 after this is resolved.

Cheers!

Is Yosimite download broken?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.