Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost with old Keynote files

I am a fan of Keynote and use it since the early days,

but I can't believe that I have to write this message...

Fact: Keynote 6 NOT being able to open old Keynote 1/2/3/4 files!

I have HUNDREDS of talks and presentations that I can't access anymore.

Seriously, Apple???

I am speechless.

So I am asked to install Keynote 5 — but it is not available in the App Store anymore!

***????

Now, I am angry.

When looking for a solution I found this "trick" to simply change a string value inside the index.apxl.gz file (see: http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/176409/new-version-of-keynote-wont-open -old-versions)

****, wait, that's all?? Is that so hard to integrate this "upgrade path" for old files in a new Keynote version?

A current version of Keynote should be able to upgrade ANY old files (especially if the update is so easy)!

Posted on Jun 24, 2015 3:37 PM

4 replies

Jun 25, 2015 9:40 AM in response to Sparkleberry

No. I am on a new machine. No old Keynote there, ... no way to go back and no way to get the old version.

I am very disappointed. There is YEARS of work that went into all these presentations I now can't open anymore. I am looking for a solution....

Given the fact that there doesn't seem to be any good technical reason for this it simply appears to be poor product management.

Lost with old Keynote files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.