Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes Disappear When Switching Programs

I'm really frustrated with iBooks these days. I read a lot of academic books with iBooks, and I take a lot of notes using the built in highlighting and notes feature. But I've realized that the notes function can be very finicky. If, in the process of typing a note, I switch out of iBooks and into another program without first clicking outside of the note (i.e. the note area has to be unselected, in that it turns back to white from blue), then the entire content of my note disappears. I have lost a lot of my notes over the last little while because of this bug. I think it also happens if I move around within iBooks without first clicking out of the note. I'm not sure if this is a new problem, but I've only noticed it happening recently. I can't imagine that there's any way to prevent this, but does anyone have a solution?

Posted on Jun 24, 2015 3:19 PM

There are no replies.

Notes Disappear When Switching Programs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.