Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Free Paragon Driver for Mac OS from seagate?

This driver provides write access for Seagate external drives in Mac OS without having to reformat.

http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/item/ntfs-driver-for-mac-os-master-dl/

Anybody know anything about it? Not sure what they mean. "write access for seagate" I want write access for MS NTFS drives. I'm leaning towards ntfs3g but saw this in my searches.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6

Posted on Jun 24, 2015 3:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2015 3:47 PM

Paragon's NTFS utility provides read/write access to an NTFS filesystem. It is the most current of all such software. They one you mention hasn't been updated since 2010. If Seagate is providing it free, then it costs you what you were willing to pay for such software.

6 replies

Jun 27, 2015 9:51 AM in response to Kappy

Thanks, I knew there had to be a catch. I ended up installing something called "Mac fuse" I think. And a 3rd party ntfs3d driver for it. The driver was a little out of date also and outside of Mac developers network. Took my chances with that. And it seems to work well so far. Of course there is paragon like you said and tuxera for $20 & $30. I just hate paying for something as fundamental as this.

Sep 23, 2015 2:49 AM in response to Antares4141

Hey,

I have purchased multiple Seagate External HDD and they come pre-loaded with this software called "Seagate Dashboard Installer". In fact there are 2 versions, one is .exe (for Windows) and the other is .dmg (for Mac). The HDD are formatted to Windows NT Filesystem and after running this software I am able to transfer files of any size to my HDD. I'm assuming the software you have mentioned is included in the software that is pre-loaded on my HDD and if you can download it for free, I'm sure you will be able to get similar results for your HDD. But it will work only for Seagate HDD.

Free Paragon Driver for Mac OS from seagate?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.