Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i check what is on my cloud if i cannot use my phone?

I dropped my phone into water and it will not turn on. How can I check what has been saved onto my cloud without a phone?

iPhone 4

Posted on Jun 24, 2015 3:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2015 4:23 PM

You can use a computer and log on to https://www.icloud.com/to see synched information such as Contacts, Calendars, etc.

You will not be able to view contents of a backup to iCloud (you can only use an iCloud backup to do a full restore to an iOS device) but you can verify that a backup exists. See the following for information: Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2015 4:23 PM in response to Cljcook

You can use a computer and log on to https://www.icloud.com/to see synched information such as Contacts, Calendars, etc.

You will not be able to view contents of a backup to iCloud (you can only use an iCloud backup to do a full restore to an iOS device) but you can verify that a backup exists. See the following for information: Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

Jun 24, 2015 4:29 PM in response to FoxFifth

So I have checked my I cloud and I only have a few of my photos on it as apparently they get deleted after 30 days. When I get my new iphone will I be able to retrieve all my photos from the I cloud or are they gone forever? I did not sync or backup my phone for a long time and thought I was safe with I cloud as a back up for photos but it seems not. Thanks for your help!

Jun 24, 2015 4:38 PM in response to Cljcook

If you were using Photo Stream, note that it is designed as a sharing/transfer method, not a backup. See the following from My Photo Stream FAQ - Apple Support

Hopefully you had iCloud backup also turned on. If you did, it should have been backing up automatically while you were charging your phone if it was connected to wi-fi. You would not see those photos in the Photos app at iCloud.com. The backup contents are not viewable. See iCloud: iCloud storage and backup overview

Does using My Photo Stream substitute for using iCloud Backup or iTunes to back up my photos?

No. Photos in My Photo Stream are saved on the iCloud server for 30 days. To save or back up these photos, you must save them from My Photo Stream to your iOS device. Select the photos and choose Share > Save Image. You can then back up your photos using iCloud or iTunes.

how can i check what is on my cloud if i cannot use my phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.