Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I think I lost my photo library! Please help me!

Where is the Aperture photo library? I'm starting to think I've lost all my photos.

I have an older copy of Aperture on an iMac running Snow Leopard. I got it from a friend, and not from the App Store. My mac failed so I got a new one that arrived yesterday. It came with Yosemite installed. I migrated my data from the old mac and the Aperture app showed up as a broken app. When I look in my Pictures folder, I don't see the Aperture photo library. My old mac's internal drive is still ok but the mac won't boot up to a usable display (I think the logic board is bad).

If I launch Photos in Yosemite, it doesn't seem to find that I have Aperture or iPhoto (to allow me to import).

Someone please walk me off the ledge here. What should I try? I have another mac (mac mini) on my network, that is still running snow leopard. Is there a way to copy the app from the other mac (by dragging it over to the mini)? What else would I need to move over to get this working?

Thanks in advance.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 8GB RAM, 1TB HD

Posted on Jun 24, 2015 6:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 7:25 AM

Found them.

1 reply

I think I lost my photo library! Please help me!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.