Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i fix error 403

Trying to get onto a website to pay a bill and I keep getting this error...

403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.

You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

How can I get rid of this?

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), iOS 8

Posted on Jun 24, 2015 10:55 PM

12 replies

Jun 24, 2015 11:12 PM in response to Momnotjudge2

A common reason for a 403 is that the URL end with a slash, e.g. domain-name/foldername/ rather than giving a page.html address on the end. This assumes that there is an index.html page in the folder, in which case the browser will automatically open that page. If there is no index.html page then the server assumes you are trying to list the contents of the folder, which only the owner is allowed to do. So basically it's a mess-up by the people who own the site, and the only way forward is to contact them and explain the issue.

Jun 25, 2015 11:42 AM in response to Momnotjudge2

Start up in Recovery mode. In the OS X Utilities screen, select Get Help Online. A clean copy of Safari will launch. No plugins, such as Flash, will be available. While in Recovery, you'll have no access to your saved bookmarks or passwords, so make a note of those before you begin, if they're needed for the test.

Test. After testing, restart as usual and post the results.

Jul 2, 2015 9:51 AM in response to Linc Davis

I contacted company and they said since they upgraded there software a few mac users had the same problem. It only effected a few mac users. Very odd. I can do it from my phone but not my mac! This is 1 source communications. (Only option here for internet).

I tried the recovery and chose get help online but did not see anything about running a test but tried a few things that did not fix it. I also restored from back up date before I tried the registration. Did not work either. I can use my phone but this really is annoying since I should be able to use it on my mac.

how do i fix error 403

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.