Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is difference between audiobook and audio book in iTunes?

what is the difference between the genres 'audiobook' and audio book when importing into iTunes? If I am downloading a MP3 file off a CD who'll there be a difference in how the file is handled in iTunes?

THx

Don't think it is hardware issue

Posted on Jun 25, 2015 2:28 AM

3 replies

Jun 25, 2015 8:27 AM in response to turingtest2

Thx, But not sure. Thank you for your link on organising. It doesn't seen very 'Apple-like' to have a redundant classification in one of their menus. I found that Audible uses the single word term Audiobook. As I am transferring from Audio books from Library CDs I would like to do the right approach and not find out sometime in the future that I have to change the genre of such items.

Jun 25, 2015 8:41 AM in response to Vebeharris

As far as I can tell the terms audio book and audiobook may be used interchangeably. The genre list is populated with a few standard items, plus any unique values in your library. You can reduce the number of variations by editing your tags and choosing one over the other., but you can put anything in the genre field that helps you organize your library in a way that suits you. I would probably go for Audiobook too. Another common variation is Books and spoken word,

tt2

What is difference between audiobook and audio book in iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.