Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Entering formulas in Numbers on Ipad

HI, need some help please.

i Have set up a spreadsheet to capture some specific data.

i Have a column which defines the sex of a person, either F or M, I also have a column for their age.

i Need to be able to count how many of each gender in specific age groups, eg < 20, 20-29, 30-39, and over 40 and over.

I can't work out how to do the formula. I can get it to count how many females or males, but cannot work out how to count people that fit in a certain age group and sex!

can anyone help please.

thanks.

Posted on Jun 25, 2015 5:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2015 12:29 PM

=COUNTIFS(criteria_range1, criteria1, criteria_range2, criteria2…)

It is a little tricky to add additional parameters to the function, specially for fat fingers!!!! but the cut and paste function worked for me.

The function is available under the Statistical List inside the "Functions" button.

use the same range for criteria_range1 and criteria_range2

then criteria 1 is ">X" and criteria 2 is "<Y".

use only one criteria parameter for the <20 and for the >39.

I hope this can help!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2015 12:29 PM in response to bazzer58

=COUNTIFS(criteria_range1, criteria1, criteria_range2, criteria2…)

It is a little tricky to add additional parameters to the function, specially for fat fingers!!!! but the cut and paste function worked for me.

The function is available under the Statistical List inside the "Functions" button.

use the same range for criteria_range1 and criteria_range2

then criteria 1 is ">X" and criteria 2 is "<Y".

use only one criteria parameter for the <20 and for the >39.

I hope this can help!

Entering formulas in Numbers on Ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.