Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why will my photos NOT download after I have deleted them from iCloud?

I have had nothing but problems with Photos since I purchased my new Mac mini. All of my photos were uploaded to iCloud before I migrated to my new computer. Now when I try to access them, half of my photos are shown as a blank, white screen. When I try to click on any white screen to view the picture, there is a small clock in the bottom right corner that only fills a quarter of the way and stops.

I figured the best thing to do is delete all of my photos from the iCloud and download all the originals to my computer. I have 29 days remaining; however, of the 9801 photos that I have to download, I still have 9801 photos to download after one day.

I know that Apple places limits on how many photos you can upload/download in a given day. So why can I not download any of my pictures if I have not uploaded or downloaded any pictures in the last 24 hours?

Mac mini, iOS 8.3, Photos app

Posted on Jun 25, 2015 3:55 AM

1 reply

Jun 25, 2015 4:06 AM in response to TimmyinUtah

I know that Apple places limits on how many photos you can upload/download in a given day. So why can I not download any of my pictures if I have not uploaded or downloaded any pictures in the last 24 hours?

That limit applies only to My Photo Stream and iCloud Photo Sharing, the free cloud services. iCloud: Photo Stream limits

There are no restrictions on your iCloud upload and downloads for the iCloud Photo Library.

Have you restarted your Mac?

There may be a problem with the process that is downloading from iCloud, the cloudphotosd.

Have you checked the Console window if there are any diagnostic messages, when you try to access your shared albums?

If you see any messages with respect to cloudphotosd, the process cloudphotosd may be hanging or having invalid cached data.

Then try the fix in this post: Re: Yosemite Photos iCloud photo sharing not working

LaCollisionMay 1, 2015 6:21 PM
Re: Yosemite Photos iCloud photo sharing not workingin response to pendlebumHelpful

VERY interesting, thank you!!

I had the same problem after a Time Machine backup.

I've found a solution :

1. Quit Photos

2. Remove the folder:

~/Library/Containers/com.apple.cloudphotosd/Data/Library/Application Support/com.apple.cloudphotosd

3. Restart

4. Launch Photos

… and everything works again!!

Your user library may still be hidden.

To reveal the hidden User Library:

• Bring the Finder forward by clicking on the Desktop or the Finder icon in the Dock.
  • Select your user/home folder (with the house icon in the Finder sidebar)
  • With that Finder window as the front window, press the key combination ⌘J to bring up the View options.
  • In the View options panel enable ’Show Library Folder’. That will make your user library folder visible in your Home folder.
  • Open your Home folder, then the Library folder, then Containers.
  • Move the complete folder ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.cloudphotosd/Data/Library/Application Support/com.apple.cloudphotosd to your desktop. Move the entire folder, not just the contents.

Now restart the Mac and try again. If all is well, delete the folder from the Desktop.

Why will my photos NOT download after I have deleted them from iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.