Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Express Network Extension

I purchased an Airport Express with the sole purpose of extending my current wireless network to the backyard. The pool has just been finished (yay!), and my Verizon router is on the opposite side of the house. I am trying to put the Express in the living room and set it up to extend my wireless connection, but it just isn’t working as easily as I think that it should.

When I go through the setup process, everything seems to work well and the express gets connected as shown in the picture below.

User uploaded file

And then after about two minutes the express disappears with the following message.

User uploaded file

There really isn’t much to configure on this thing, and I’m not understanding why it isn’t working as I think it should. All I want is internet at the pool! On a side note, if I just set it up to connect to the wireless network, it does that and never loses the connection.

Basically this all boils down to the question of can I use an airport express to extend a non-airport wireless network?

Thanks

Rex

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 25, 2015 6:25 AM

7 replies

Jun 25, 2015 8:15 AM in response to ClosetotheEarth

Close,

There is not another airport that I am extending. I have a router from my service provider, Verizon, that I am trying to extend with an airport express. Will an airport express only extend another airport network or any wireless network?

If the answer is only another airport wireless network, then I need to return the airport express and find another solution.

Thanks

Rex

Airport Express Network Extension

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.