Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth not running in a BootCamp partition running Windows 8.1 on the new MacBook 12" Retina..

I was told not to expect finding a bluetooth interface in Windows 8.1 on a BootCamp partition on the new 2015 MacBook 12" with Retina Display... is that it, or is all this mystery going to be unraveled at some future and undisclosed date?

MacBook, Windows 8, BootCamp partition

Posted on Jun 25, 2015 7:20 AM

40 replies

Jul 1, 2015 11:24 PM in response to Loner T

All that page says is to contact the manufacturer, and since Apple is the manufacturer of both the notebook and Bootcamp that doesn't do much good.

Typically, how long does it take for Apple to update Bootcamp to address some of the compatibility misses in its latest notebooks? What are the odds we'll get Bluetooth functionality in our 2015 MacBook Retina's? I need a wireless mouse without the dongle.

Jul 2, 2015 1:22 PM in response to Loner T

Thanks Loner, follow-up question if you don't mind:

With the last gen of MacBook's, did they have a similar lag on Bluetooth functionality and, if so, how long did it take for Apple to finally make those drivers available in Bootcamp?

Trying to figure out if history says that Apple will fix this or if I'm going to be stuck forever with a notebook I adore sans Bluetooth mouse.

Thanks.

Jul 2, 2015 3:04 PM in response to billygoat

I have been installing Windows 7 and 8.1 using BootCamp on various Macs a lot, this is the first time that Apple actually states it does not provide drivers for Bluetooth within Windows on the specific MacBook 2012, and the support person stated off the record that they will resolve it at some time, but as always hide behind their current blanket disclaimer about supporting anything Microsoft... and vice versa I might add, like the grown up brats that they are, no one is leaving their toys on the playground and so we must all not only pay, but suffer.

Jul 5, 2015 5:37 AM in response to Loner T

Last question as I'm new to OSX:

If/when Apple releases the Bluetooth drivers that are compatible with the RMB running Windows 8 will they appear as a Boot Camp Assistant update in the app store on the Mac? Or would they be bundled into an OSX update in the app store on the Mac?

Just not sure where the fix will appear- assuming Apple issues a fix of course.

Thanks.

Jul 5, 2015 5:59 AM in response to Loner T

Thanks, sometimes I feel like I'm asking too many questions and your responses are so quick.....eternally grateful.

Okay, so regarding the "Apple Software Update on the Windows side", is there a special app for that? Windows Update is the big update beast in Windows of course, all Microsoft updates happen there. I wasn't aware that there was a separate Apple Software Update available for Windows users....where would I find that? Or are you saying that it would appear in Windows Update with a title of "Apple Software Update"?

Thanks again.

Jul 5, 2015 6:13 AM in response to billygoat

This should already be installed on your Windows side when Bootcamp Drivers were installed.

User uploaded file

Here is an example of what you should expect. I have yet to see a BC Drivers update using this mechanism.

User uploaded file

Apple is moving away from manual BC Drivers update and pushing BC Assistant as a way to get the software. Teh next logical step is to make it available via this method.

You can also periodically check System requirements to install Windows on your Mac using Boot Camp - Apple Support for any updates.

Jul 5, 2015 7:56 AM in response to billygoat

most has no problems with bluetooth keyboards and mice

us with imacs use the apple bluetooth keyboard and magic trackpad or magic mice all of which are bluetooth

though for some reason my razor usb / bluetooth combo mice did not work in bootcamp not sure if windows dislike being connected

to both the magic trackpad and the mouse at the same time but when I connected a usb bluetooth4 dongle the mouse worked but without

the razor software seeing it as a razor mouse so the scroll direction was wrong

Jul 6, 2015 7:35 AM in response to Rudegar

User uploaded file

Thank you for the response, but for the brand new 2015 Retina 12" MacBook there are no Bluetooth drivers at all in Boot Camp. So it's not a matter of a conflict here or there with a device, it's the fact that the notebook does not have any Bluetooth support at all for Windows at this time.

For some, the issue is just one of convenience- like not being able to use a Bluetooth speaker. For me, the issue is that the new MacBook has a new USB-C port and there are no wireless mice that work with that port and without Bluetooth for connectivity I am left with using a USB-A infrared receiver plugged into a dongle and it's not a great experience.

Bluetooth not running in a BootCamp partition running Windows 8.1 on the new MacBook 12" Retina..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.