Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 5s shutoff and won't turn on

I have had my IPhone 5s for about a year and this issue just started the other day. At first my phone did a auto reboot then operated normal later that day it did another auto reboot then went to a blue screen. After about an hour or so it rebooted then returned to normal operation. Yester it did the same thing so I did a factory reset and restored from my last back up. The phone operated normally all day until last night when it did another auto reboot then went to a blue screen then did another auto reboot and went to normal operation. Today it was operating normally and I went to use my phone and it is just a black screen. The phone was charged to 100% when this happened. I can not get my phone to turn on. I tried the hard reset. I tried plugging it in. Not sure what to do. Half tempted to just upgrade to the 6 but I'm afraid that when I do the restore I will I have the same issue with the new phone

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3, null

Posted on Jun 25, 2015 10:11 AM

7 replies

Jun 27, 2015 10:38 AM in response to ajlopez81

Hello there, ajlopez81.

Sounds like you've done some great troubleshooting so far in trying to resolve the issue with your iPhone 5s. The following Knowledge Base article offers up some great steps to review to pinpoint where the issue may be:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on - Apple Support

If your screen is black or frozen

First, try to force your device to restart.

• Forcing your device to restart won't erase the content currently on your device.
  • You can force your device to restart even if your screen is black or your buttons aren't responding.

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time for at least 10 seconds until you see the Apple logo.

User uploaded file

If your device still won't turn on or start up

Plug in your device and let it charge for at least 1 hour.

User uploaded file

After a few minutes, you should see the charging screen.

User uploaded file

If you don't see the charging screen within an hour, or you see the connect to power screen, check your connector, USB cable, and power adapter. Make sure that everything is plugged in firmly, free of debris, and not damaged. You might want to try a different USB cable or power adapter.

If your device still won't turn on, see what to do next.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Kind Regards,

Pedro.

Jul 6, 2015 6:40 AM in response to ajlopez81

It sounds like you need to restore your software. If restoring from a backup returns the problem, that means your backup is corrupt and you will need to restore to factory condition (not loading your backup file). If the problem still returns, you have a hardware problem and should make an appointment at your nearest Apple Store Genius Bar to have the device evaluated.

Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Jul 6, 2015 8:12 AM in response to AmishCake

I have reset it to factory then did the icloud restore and that worked for a week. Then the issue came back so I did the same and now its happening more frequently. I've been to apple before about it and my phone wasn't showing the symptom and when they did whatever they do they said they could find anything. It only seems to happen whenever I really need my phone.

IPhone 5s shutoff and won't turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.