Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i upgrade my browser on iMac desktop? Is it because I'm running an older OS X

I need to upgrade my internet browser. How so I do that?

Posted on Jun 25, 2015 8:32 AM

4 replies

Jun 25, 2015 12:36 PM in response to teresafromcutler bay

I apologize. I am using Safari. I tried using Chrome and Firefox on my Mac but I still get error message that Safari server does not recognize the web address. I tried solutions that error message offers and nothing worked. It happens intermittently when I try to log in or pay for a purchase on a vendor website. I am using OS X Version 10.6.8. If I upgrade will I lose all photo's and documents unless I back up individually to iCloud or external drive?\\Thank you!

Jun 25, 2015 2:23 PM in response to teresafromcutler bay

If all goes well with the update, you should not loose anything. However having a backup is imperative. If something happens to your computer and you do not have backup what are you going to do? You should be backing up regularly regardless of whether you update or not.

You can backup to an external drive, they are cheap and easy to use.

With that said, not sure what you mean by "Safari server does not recognize the web address" Safari is a browser not a server. If you are using Chrome, Safari is not involved at all.

Usually an error like that however, means that the server you typed in the address bar is not a valid address. This is not related to what version of Safari you have.

how do i upgrade my browser on iMac desktop? Is it because I'm running an older OS X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.