Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Program Not Opening at Startup

Hello all,

I am having an issue with my Macbook Pro

Specs:

Macbook Pro (retina, 15-Inch, Late 2013)

Processor: 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 16GB 1600MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Storage: 1TB Flash Storage

Current OS Version: 10.10.3

~

I only have a few programs that run on startup, but for some reason one of them (Lightshot Screenshot,) even though I have set it to open at login, on both the dock and on my profile, does not run when I start up the Macbook. This is more of a minor inconvinece than anything, but I'd like to know what to do if an issue like this comes up with one of my more essential startup programs.

This has been a problem ever since I got OSX Yosemite, but I've been ignoring it for a while. I finally decided to try to fix it today. Here's what I did (that did not work btw):

1. Uninstalled and reinstalled the program. Restarted the mac.

2. Unset and reset the program to startup at login on both the dock and my user profile. Restarted the mac.

3. Attempted to set the program to launch at startup using Launchd (https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/ man8/launchd.8.html)

Does anyone know if there's a better command to solve my issue that I could run from Terminal, or some other way to resolve the issue?

Many thanks!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 25, 2015 8:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2017 5:46 AM

Looks like Lightshot Screenshot is not adding itself to startup items. There is no option for this in settings as well.

What you can do(and what I did) is:

1. Go to 'System Preferences'

2. Click 'Users & Groups'

3. Click on the 'Login Items' tab

4. Add the app to login items. To do this press the + sign, dialog will appear, enter 'lightshot' in the searchbox on the upper right corner. Select the Lightshot app and click Add.

This will start it next time you login.

Cheers

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2017 5:46 AM in response to Anon29111

Looks like Lightshot Screenshot is not adding itself to startup items. There is no option for this in settings as well.

What you can do(and what I did) is:

1. Go to 'System Preferences'

2. Click 'Users & Groups'

3. Click on the 'Login Items' tab

4. Add the app to login items. To do this press the + sign, dialog will appear, enter 'lightshot' in the searchbox on the upper right corner. Select the Lightshot app and click Add.

This will start it next time you login.

Cheers

Program Not Opening at Startup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.