Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Freezing and Audio skips continuously on the person's last sound

So I have a Macbook Air mid-2012 and this is the second time where the whole computer freezes and the audio skips continuously on the person's in the audio last letter that he/she says. I tried doing apple hardware diagnostics and it says that there is no issues. Usually during the freezing the keyboard and trackpad are unresponsive. It then hard restarts on its own loosing my work that I've been working on. This happened to me the first time when i was playing music on spotify and the second time when I was watching a video on NY times.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Jun 25, 2015 11:20 AM

1 reply

Jun 27, 2015 12:11 PM in response to jtsang777

Hi jtsang777,

Thanks for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like your computer is becoming unresponsive and restarting unexpectedly when you play music or videos.

It may take a few steps to figure out the cause of this behavior, and I'd recommend starting with this guide on the Support site:

OS X: When your computer spontaneously restarts or displays "Your computer restarted because of a problem." - Apple Support

Try this step first if your Mac isn't at OS X version 10.10.3:

install all available software updates until Software Update reports, "Your software is up to date." OS X updates help your Mac handle the kinds of issues that can cause kernel panics, such as malformed network packets, or third party software issues. For most kernel panics, updating your software is all you have to do.

If the behavior continues, scroll down to the "Additional Information" section for many more troubleshooting steps that can help.

Best Regards,

Jeremy

Freezing and Audio skips continuously on the person's last sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.