Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Applescript not working in Yosemite

I see that I'm not the only one to discover this. I run an Applescript from within another application to fill in a form in a 3rd application from data in the calling application. This has worked flawlessly prior to Yosemite, but now in Yosemite it is very haphazard. My script begins with

tell application Firefox

activate

end tell

then it does a number of "keystroke" commands to System Events with the data, intended to go into my active Firefox page. The main problem seems to be in activating the target application; sometimes it does and usually it doesn't, and when it doesn't it keystrokes the data into whatever application it happens to settle on, often the calling application. I see that Yosemite now calls the editor Script Editor rather than Applescript, is there now a better set of commands for what I want to do?

OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 25, 2015 11:47 AM

2 replies

Jun 26, 2015 10:31 AM in response to Pierre L.

I have described what I want it to do, and it does it fine except that it doesn't activate my app and writes its output in the calling app. But I may have solved it. I have noticed since "upgrading" to Yosemite that my computer has gotten darn sluggish; Yosemite seems to be a real hog and it's slow to respond to clicks, etc. So I added a "delay 2" within System Events before keystroking my data, and that seems to give it time to actually get the target app activated. So far so good.

Anybody else have this "sluggish" experience with Yosemite? Does it finally settle down and work efficiently?

Applescript not working in Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.