Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPort Extreme with 100 mbs

User uploaded fileHello

i have two new airport extremes

iit's a roaming network

mmodem - AE main base - gig switch - AE extended connected via Ethernet

AE main base signal excellent data rate 1000 mbs

AE extended via Ethernet gig switch signal good data rate 100mbs

thanks in advance

why is the AE 2 got a lesser signal and data rate ?User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Posted on Jun 25, 2015 2:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2015 3:49 PM

Plug the AE2 directly into AE1 with a short patch lead.. and see if the speed goes up to 1Gbps.. if not the AE2 has something wrong with it.. reset to factory and try again.. still no luck swap AE1 and AE2 and see if the problem follows the AE or stays in the same place..

That will give you a good idea if AE2 is actually faulty and you can take it back to the supplier for testing/replacement.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2015 3:49 PM in response to Seamus757

Plug the AE2 directly into AE1 with a short patch lead.. and see if the speed goes up to 1Gbps.. if not the AE2 has something wrong with it.. reset to factory and try again.. still no luck swap AE1 and AE2 and see if the problem follows the AE or stays in the same place..

That will give you a good idea if AE2 is actually faulty and you can take it back to the supplier for testing/replacement.

Jun 30, 2015 7:48 PM in response to Seamus757

Seamus757 wrote:

thank you for the response, I have tried your suggestion but now I can't get that page back up that gave me the original information?

Factory reset.. always always factory reset and it will bring everything back. It is your most reliable tool.

And don't use Yosemite.. the iOS version airport utility is far more reliable than Mac OS.

AirPort Extreme with 100 mbs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.