Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes match - computer already associated with an apple ID

Yesterday, I purchased iTunes match from my work PC with the intent of blending the libraries of my Mac, PC, iPhone and iPad into one simple - matched library. So far it hasn't exactly gone so smoothly. After purchasing iTunes match, I got a message on my pc saying that all 1055 of my songs were now available to stream from iCloud.com so, of course; I logged on to check it out only to find no icon or path to any music lync whatsoever. Where is it?

Then I opened the music app on my phone to find that all 1055 songs are *represented* there, but there is a cloud & arrow (download symbol) next to every single song! (sigh) really? Am I seriously going to have to individually download over 1,000 songs? Can't be. Right ?

Lastly, when I got home just now, I tried to turn on the iTunes match from my Mac and I got the message "This computer is already associated with an apple ID. you can use iTunes match on this computer with just one apple id every 90 days. You cannot associate this computer with a different apple ID for 81 days"

Huh? Not even sure what to think about that. Of course there is a different apple id, ....my wife's. She uses this computer too but under a different login and iTunes account.

This is all very confusing and complicated. I fell like they could make this WAY more simple and user friendly.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks....

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Jun 25, 2015 2:13 PM

3 replies

Jul 1, 2015 5:02 AM in response to jeffd55

Hi both,

I have a similar problem. I can't figure out why but when I downloaded iOS 8.4 and iTunes 12.2, both my iPad and my Mac are complaining that "Apple Music "This computer is already associated with an Apple ID." I am a current iTunes Match subscriber, and I signed up for Apple Music immediately. All I want to do is to use this service on all my devices (a couple of iPads, an iPhone and a Mac) seamlessly.

I think it may be confused by something I did with an Apple ID somewhere (for example I have borrowed my Mum's iPad because my own iPad's screen is broken and removed her Apple ID from it to do so). But I should not be forced to sit out the whole 3 month trial period of Apple Music... it's a mess.

I'll try contacting Apple Support but there should be a simple way to reset these things.

Jul 1, 2015 3:36 PM in response to Matt Riddle

Heres what I've learned about iTunes match:

- If you turn on iCloud music library on any iOS device - boom, ...you just wiped out all of the existing music stored on your device and you can only listen to music in the cloud if you are connected to wifi. You *cannot* stream music from the cloud over a cellular connection - only download individual songs (cellular data must be enabled of course).

- In order to sync your device with your computers iTunes library, you must first go to settings/music/turn OFF iCloud music library - then sync with your computer. Warning: don't turn the cloud music library back on on your device or you loose the whole library on your device again.

I guess this is a no-brainer for some of the gurus in here but it frustrated the heck out of me until i figured it out. I don't think turning on the cloud library should wipe out the tunes on your device. That's a glaring hole in the system to me.

iTunes match - computer already associated with an apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.