Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i used repair disk on my external Hard Drive, now it is no longer readable.

it still seems to contain my files, it's just not showing them. instead it shows a folder named "found.000" if you open it it shows a shortcut to "dir000.chk" and fil000.chk

i think this is a virus from windows. the disk was working fine until i used repair disk on it. was this triggered by repair disk? can i still fix this son i can still use my HD? i'd appreciate any help on this. thanks!

Posted on Jun 25, 2015 5:11 PM

3 replies

Jun 30, 2015 5:04 PM in response to Kappy

yes Kappy, the disk was windows formatted. it had files and were showing on my mac.

it wasn't "ejected properly" probably because there was a program running in the background when i disconnected it.

but the thing is, when i reconnected it, the files were still there and the disk was working fine.

since it wasn't "ejected properly", i wanted to fix the disk. but after repairs, that's when this problem occurred.

i used repair disk on my external Hard Drive, now it is no longer readable.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.