Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone6 stolen and strange apple id reset

Hi Apple, 6 Days ago i lost (stolen) my iPhone 6. I went to my icloud page straight away and put it to Lost mode.

There i put my husband's number and state a reward in case he decided to give it back (silly me)

I decided not to wipe it because i still wanted to track it, and i knew that he couldn't do anything because it was associated with my apple id.

I even tick the box where it says "notify me" when the device goes online.

The next day my husband received this sms from some number

Find my iPhone service: Your iPhone 6 128GB Gold lost/stolen has been found. You can reclaim it now at http://AppleINC.info filling up the form.

Sat 6:08 PM via SMS

So, i knew that this was a scam, since the domain was dodgy. And i knew that the thief was still trying to get my apple id somehow.

But the next day, I received an email saying my apple id has been reset, and i COULD NOT find my stolen devices in the find my iphone page anymore.

For some reason it got removed without me or m husband removing it!

So I changed my apple id password straight away.

Can anyone tell me what's happening? No one could possibly know my password and why don't i got a notifcation when my iPhone went online? I was keeping track of it but it never went online. Did he just hacked apple security? Can anyone at apple find out what were the last activities of my phone?

The next day i also received another SMS from the same number.

Find my iPhone service: Your iPhone 6 128GB Gold lost/stolen has been found. You can reclaim it now at http://AppleINC.eu this is last call.

Tue 8:41 PM via SMS

Note: When i login again to my icloud, i dont see my device in the "find my iPhone" section but when i go to settings and my devices, it's still there!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3, null

Posted on Jun 25, 2015 7:16 PM

2 replies

Jun 25, 2015 8:49 PM in response to vikiyaputra

The fact you can still get into your Apple id and change it points to the email you got saying your id was reset as part of the same scam to get you to enter your info. When you changed your password you got a verification email. Check that email and the one you got before. I suspect the fake email looks pretty authentic but if you look closely you will spot some errors. Its all the same scam to get you to enter your info. Unfortunately if the phone is left off you really can't do much. If it does appears wipe it.

Sep 4, 2015 8:48 AM in response to vikiyaputra

i've had several similar messages...all texts from various US phone #s, i.e. 814 385 0174. i've contacted verizon on a couple and also blocked the #s. the weird thing is my daughter has an iPhone 6 she lost several months ago but it's been replaced and everything is fine. i do NOT have an iPhone 6. i never clicked the link to verify info as it looks weird from a website address point of view. it says http://icloud-verifying.com/%25%....

the original poster should just either call apple or go to their genius bar for help.

iPhone6 stolen and strange apple id reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.