Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud for Windows - Ridiculously SLOW

I recently purchased the iPhone 6--returning from Android World--and decided to purchase a 500 GB iCloud subscription because it makes a lot of sense to use it with my iPhone, MacBook Pro (Mid 2014), and Windows 8 desktop. It saves me space on my iPhone, syncs my document across computer platforms, and allowed me to stop paying more for less (i.e., 100 GB for Cubby).

Or so that was the plan.

So far, only two of the three reasons for buying 500 GB of iCloud space have materialized: 1) saving space on my iPhone; and 2) saving money. However, the the second reason really isn't a win because syncing across computer platforms is a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT because the iCloud for Windows is ridiculously slow. I have a relatively fast connection at home (120 Mbps Download and 20 Mbps Upload), but despite leaving my computer on 24/7 for the past two weeks, I only have about 50 GB of data uploaded to iCloud. Cubby, on the other hand, was able to upload and sync all of my data--about 90 GB--in approximately 10 hours time.

Aside from venting, I would love to hear from someone with a similar iCloud setup (PC and Mac) that once all their data was finally uploaded, syncing was much faster. If your edits or creation of documents or files, or both, were quickly uploaded and synced across devices, I would love to hear about it.

If it doesn't get better ... I guess I want to know that too. 😟

I really, really don't want to have to go back to using Cubby.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 3GHz i7; 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Posted on Jun 25, 2015 8:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 2:22 PM

Stopped using iCloud for Windows today and went back to Cubby for my syncing needs. Costs way more, but it WORKS. I kept some iCloud storage for pictures.

1 reply

iCloud for Windows - Ridiculously SLOW

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.