Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have iphone 3gs os 6.1.6 cannt install app asks for 7 os

i have iphone 3gs os 6.1.6 cannt install app asks for 7 os what i need to do

iPhone 3GS, iOS 6.1.6, itunes says up to date

Posted on Jun 26, 2015 2:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2015 2:03 AM

Purchase a later model phone that is capable of running later software. Yours is updated to the latest iOS it can handle.

Pete

9 replies

Jul 9, 2015 9:38 AM in response to AnFiks3

Why do you say "there is no full info?" Just download the YouTube app using iTunes on your computer. You can't install it because it's a newer version, but now that the YouTube app is associated with your Apple ID, you'll be able to go back to the App Store on your iPhone, try to download YouTube, and it will ask if you want to download an older version. However, it will only do this if you already own the app, hence the need to download the newer, incompatible version on your computer first.

Sep 5, 2015 9:43 PM in response to AnFiks3

Hi, you can still download the latest compatible version of YOUTUBE app to your iPhone 3GS. I'm currently using the last compatible version of the YOUTUBE app on my iPhone 3GS running i os 6.1.6. It works great never crashes. You don't even need to use your computer. Just go to the the App store on your phone>YOUTUBE>Install> download latest compatible version. You don't need to have already owned the app. App store is now offering older versions of many popular Apps. Its just depends on what capabilities the App needs to run on. Its great that Apple is still doing their best to support older hardware like the 3GS. Hope this helps.

i have iphone 3gs os 6.1.6 cannt install app asks for 7 os

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.