Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV- Unable to sign in - none of suggested steps working

My Apple TV is connected to LAN wi-fi with legitimate IP address. My sign-in id works fine on itunes for other computers.

- I have tried resetting the device many times.

- Did restore to factory default settings twice.

- Press the Menu button while holding down arrow key until light starts blinking.

- restarted device many times.

- Regional time settings are set to local

i still have no luck to get it working with my id or any other apple itunes id. Please advise if any of you have figured out the right steps.

Thanks

Shane

Posted on Jun 26, 2015 12:21 AM

8 replies

Jun 26, 2015 8:31 AM in response to Shane911

Shane,

My apple TV is working now - The process that i did was weird.

1. I was checking if i can enter to the itunes store using my ipad
  2. Everything was ok - i can see the apps and movies without problems
  3. So - I opened the netflix and i tried to use airplay to connect it with the apple tv.
  4. I enable airplay in the apple tv, it is just a flag.
  5. After that i saw the netflix content in my tv
  6. i turn off my ipad and press menu in apple tv and then I can see all the menu !!!!! ( without an itunes store - )
  7. Add your itunes account and it will works without problems !!!

I hope it helps you !

Jun 29, 2015 10:25 PM in response to Shane911

Hi, We were having a similar problem. My wife had changed her Apple ID password, and we could no longer sign in to the iTunes store from our Apple TV 3rd gen. Log-ins worked fine from other devices. I tore my hair out for a couple of hours fiddling with the network settings to get it to work, and it was strange you know, because we could sign in to iCloud from the ATV, but the iTunes store always immediately reported (too quickly really, made me suspicious - I'm sure it wasn't even trying to connect) "Cannot connect to iTunes store.", when we clicked submit for the password.

Long story short, I started to suspect something with our Internet provider (Axtel.mx, a fiber optic accesss provider in Mexico) although we've never had any connectivity problems that I can recall. I turned off the fiber modem & killed the wifi, and connected through Personal Hotspot on my iPhone using my cellular data connection: Presto!! It logged in to iTunes immediately. Strangely, once I had logged in successfully, I was able to reactivate all of the prior network settings and it still works - even though it seems like it shouldn't. So, try logging on from a different network and see if that cures it for you.

Apple TV- Unable to sign in - none of suggested steps working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.