Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air totally dead, won't start up

I shut down my 2014 MacBook Air yesterday morning to take it with me to a friend's house. When I tried to start it up it simply wouldn't start. Does not respond to the power button or make any sign of life. Battery is fully charged (green light on power cable and no battery problems so far). I tried holding the power down for long periods, and using various combinations of shift - ctrl keys at the same time, but nothing moves it. What to do?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 26, 2015 12:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2015 3:48 AM

Try a SMC reset (several times)

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

If no success, make an appointment at an Apple store genius bar for a FREE evaluation.

Ciao.

3 replies

Oct 1, 2017 11:50 PM in response to silhouettes

I had a similar experience with my MacBook air 2011 and I tried the keyboard short cuts but nothing. The light on my magsafe wasn't coming on either so I was afraid my motherboard had bitten the dust. I replaced the battery wondering if that was the problem and again nothing. Then I saw a video on YouTube about a guy who said to unplug the battery and attached the power supply and press the start button. Then hook up the battery and try to turn it on. I did that and although it wouldn't some on at first I got a very dim light red light on my magsafe. I let it charge over night and today it fired up. In the future I don't know if this solution will be possible but for now this worked for me. New does not always mean improved.

MacBook Air totally dead, won't start up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.