Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't sign into iMessage on a new iPod Touch

I received a new iPod Touch, I created my Apple ID and an account on iTunes. When trying to log in to iMessage it cycles trying to connect and then simply stops. As an example, when I hit sign in it starts spinning and the sign in button grays out. After a few moments the button pops back up and it hasn't signed in. Any advice or info for this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

iPod touch, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 26, 2015 5:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply
5 replies

Jul 23, 2015 10:43 AM in response to sarafromardmore

I had the exact same issue. I went through the following trouble shooting (*) and not a single thing worked. Some of the stuff I knew to do myself, other things I found online. I have to call them back tonight to get them to swap me for another one. I ordered 2 new iPod touches, and the other one works perfectly fine. After doing the complete reset on the device I logged in using my Apple ID instead of my daughters, and it still didn't work.

(*)

- Did the Soft Reboot first, which consists of holding down lock key and home key at the same time for 10 seconds until the phone reboots.

- Checked in the Date / Time under settings that it was set to Automatic.

- Reset Network Settings via the phone.

- Reset All Setting via the phone.

- Erase All Content and Settings via the phone.

- Logged out of iTunes & App Store and did soft reset on phone. Then powered back on and logged back in.

- Completely did a reset and software reload via iTunes.

- Connected via my home wi-fi, my work wi-fi & from my iPhone via tethering.

- Left on over night for over 24 hours. (I read that sometimes it just needs time.)

- Change the wi-fi DNS to 8.8.8.8.

As you can see, I tried just about everything, but nothing works. It has to be a device issue. My first call to Apple the girl was very helpful and knowledgeable on the troubleshooting procedures, but I already did most of them. The second call that I placed today to 1-800-MY-APPLE, the girl didn't seem to know what she was doing. She said after talking to a supervisor that she was going to swap out my device that I just purchased only 3 days ago. I said that would be fine. Even though I got that in under a week, she said it would take 2 weeks or more to get my replacement. I asked if it would be a new device and she said it would not, and that it would be refurbished. I was in shock and ******! She said, after speaking with a supervisor that it would be a new one. I'm not sure if I would know either way I guess, but still. I hope, even though that I didn't have a solution for you, that I saved you time on going through all these. At this point I'm going to wait patiently for a software update in the next month or so.

I can't sign into iMessage on a new iPod Touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.