Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I convert ichat transcripts of specific iMessages to plain text? Copy and paste, Logorrhea, Adium do not work.

Hi there,

I have a folder of all of the chat transcripts between my wife and me. I want to convert these transcripts to plain text (preserving order of who said what does not matter) in order to make a word cloud for our anniversary. I have tried Adium but it will not import my transcripts. I have tried Logorrhea but it can only export ALL of my chats which is useless to me. I have tried copy and pasting but there are 541 items, which I'm happy to copy and paste manually but now when I copy and paste an entire transcript it only actually pastes the first message and the last message of the file. Please help!!! I have scoured the internet and the only thing (Chax) that seems to work for others is no longer being made and older versions won't run on my Yosemite OS! I need my ichat transcripts in text!!

Please.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Jun 26, 2015 3:04 AM

2 replies

Jun 26, 2015 1:56 PM in response to jessiebenedict

Hi,

You need to work a bit more at the Logorrhea app as it will or can be used to select one Screen Name from the list and work with just that.User uploaded file

The Buddy I picked was a Jabber to MSN transport link hence the .msn.jabber server name bits.

User uploaded file

9:56 p.m. Friday; June 26, 2015

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad

How can I convert ichat transcripts of specific iMessages to plain text? Copy and paste, Logorrhea, Adium do not work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.