Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

have somehow lost the ability to contact person by imessage

I could contact my son by iMessage when in my home (due to my home internet connection) but somehow while messaging him earlier tonight I have blocked that ability. I can now only contact him using a costly text message.

I need assistance to work out what I have done to block the iMessage connection between our phones.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.0.2

Posted on Jun 26, 2015 5:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2015 5:48 AM

Check to make sure you are using the address he has set up for iMessages (he'll need to confirm this for you); and confirm both he and you have iMessages turned on (Setting app > Messages).

If that doesn't help, try a forced restart: Simultaneously hold down the Home and On buttons until the device shuts down. Ignore the off slider if it appears. Once shut down is complete, if it doesn't restart on it own, turn the device back on using the On button. In some cases it also helps to double click the Home button and close all apps BEFORE doing the restart.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2015 5:48 AM in response to sherayalee

Check to make sure you are using the address he has set up for iMessages (he'll need to confirm this for you); and confirm both he and you have iMessages turned on (Setting app > Messages).

If that doesn't help, try a forced restart: Simultaneously hold down the Home and On buttons until the device shuts down. Ignore the off slider if it appears. Once shut down is complete, if it doesn't restart on it own, turn the device back on using the On button. In some cases it also helps to double click the Home button and close all apps BEFORE doing the restart.

have somehow lost the ability to contact person by imessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.