Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Running Server App As Standard User

On my day to day MBP; when installing OS X, the first account created is always an Admin. Then I create a second, Standard user and that is the one I use day to day. This offers more security and I don't mind having to occasionally enter the Admin credentials.

I am now going to run the Server App on an additional Mac at my office. My question is, will I run into any problems if I set it up the same way as above? The Server App running under the Standard User account and then entering credentials when necessary. Any issues when doing things remotely? Anyone currently doing this?

I figured if it's an issue, someone here can point it out before I learn the hard way.

Thanks!

OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 26, 2015 7:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2015 8:20 AM

My question is, will I run into any problems if I set it up the same way as above?

No.

2 replies

Jun 30, 2015 7:49 AM in response to thelebowski

The Server App running under the Standard User account

When needed during first run, you may need to enter your Admin password (and Admin UserID in that setup).

Once it has been run once, the "always-on" parts of Server run as if they were part of the system. For example, no User or Admin login of any kind is required to get it to serve files and/or Open Directory requests.

Running Server App As Standard User

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.