Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I upgrade iphoto'11 version 9.2.1

I want to buy an iphoto book that I have made but the message after pressing buy says that I need to upgrade iphoto first. I followed the suggested steps but can't find a way to upgrade. For example the OX mac app store does not have the update link/button which the help instructions said it would have. I have followed other routes but also with no success. Are there actually any updates out there or has iphoto been made redundant and I am just wasting my time?

I do hope some one can help because I really wanted to get the book printed for my exhbition in July.

Please help!

MichelefromPlymouth

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jun 26, 2015 10:44 AM

9 replies

Jun 27, 2015 4:25 AM in response to gail from maine

Thank you Gail and Toad,

Interesting Gail that iphoto has been replaced by Photo.

I tried the download Gail but the message after opening on the laptop was "The version of iPhoto installed on this Mac must be updated through the Mac App Store. Check the Mac App Store to see if an update is available"

I have tried to find something here before but can't see how to get updates from the store as I couldn't see a menu item for updates. Will take another look now I am armed with knowing that iphoto is photo.

Do anyone know about where to find updates in the Mac App Store??

Thanks for your help guys

Jun 27, 2015 8:55 AM in response to michelefromPlymouth

Follow the directions posted by Tererence Devlin in this post to get iPhoto 9.6.1 from the App Store:

Terence Devlin

Apr 14, 2015 11:21 AM

Re: Is Iphoto gone ? i want it back!

in response to Johannes666

Recommended

Go to the App Store and check out the Purchases List. If iPhoto is there then it will be v9.6.1

If iPhoto 9.6.1 is there, then drag your existing iPhoto app (not the library, just the app) to the trash.

Install the App from the App Store.

Sometimes iPhoto is not visible on the Purchases List. it may be hidden. See this article for details on how to unhide it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4928

One question often asked: Will I lose my Photos if I reinstall?

iPhoto the application and the iPhoto Library are two different parts of the iPhoto programme. So, reinstalling the app should not affect the Library. BUT you should always have a back up before doing this kind of work. Always.

Jul 7, 2015 12:22 AM in response to Old Toad

Thank you Old Toad,

Apologies for such a long delay in replying.

I visited my App Store following the icon on my menu but I do not have anything under my app store in the purchase list even though when I tried to update from the Apple site it told me I had to use the Mac app store.

The version of iPhoto installed on this Mac must be updated through the Mac App Store. Check the Mac App Store to see if an update is available"

When I got my laptop it came as part of the apps already installed so maybe that is why there is nothing there.

There is another operating system Yosemite free upgrade which I hope will allow me to get the Photos to replace iphotos.

Still want to get my book done!

Cheers

M

Jul 7, 2015 9:37 AM in response to michelefromPlymouth

Did you move any iPhoto app that you had on your hard drive to the Trash bin before going to the App Store and checking under Purchases? If there's any iPhoto app that Spotlight can detect on the boot drive or any external HD iPhoto won't be shown in Purchases.

Otherwise contact the App Store Support personnel via this quick link at the App Store:

User uploaded file

Jul 9, 2015 3:46 AM in response to michelefromPlymouth

Yes. No.

But of course, never do anything like this without a back up.

Most Simple Back Up:

Drag the iPhoto Library from your Pictures Folder to another Disk. This will make a copy on that disk.

Slightly more complex: Use an app that will do incremental back ups. This is a very good way to work. The first time you run the back up the app will make a complete copy of the Library. Thereafter it will update the back up with the changes you have made. That makes subsequent back ups much faster. Many of these apps also have scheduling capabilities: So set it up and it will do the back up automatically.

Example of such apps: Chronosync- but there are many others. Search on MacUpdateor the App Store

how do I upgrade iphoto'11 version 9.2.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.