Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facebook frequently logs me out, even with new accounts.

Hello there to any adventurous persons who are willings to attempt to figure out this mess! I have been having some of the most peculiar technological issues lately and to no avail am I able to resolve them. These issues starting occurring roughly around a year ago when I was living in Australia. At that current time I was in a transitioning period awaiting my new Macbook pro in the mail so I was simply relying on my iPhone 5s. Ever since then I have been unable to make any advances on resolving the problem.

Essentially, what happens is whenever I attempted to log onto Facebook with any account, even making a new one on the spot, I will be randomly logged out. The frequency ranges between 1 second after I log into Facebook and 2 minutes after. I have attempted to log in multiple ways, on the Macbook Pro I've tried Safari, Chrome, and Firefox and with my iPhone 5s I have tried Facebook app, Safari browser, and Paper. They all equally tell me to log back into Facebook within the same time range of 1 - 2 minutes. The only thing different with the platforms is that with Safari sometimes it will delete the tab Facebook was on entirely. Therefor if no other website URL's were within the tabs Safari would close out completely. Otherwise you'd see the other website tab you had open.

Since I wasn't able to even make a brand new Facebook account without it logging me out I attempted to make a new account with my friends iPhone 6, but to my amazement this also doesn't work. To make things even more odd his Facebook works fine on his iPhone, but as soon as I log on to his Facebook with either my Macbook or iPhone it will log his account out like it does mine, but if he logs into my account from his iPhone 6 the same problem still happens.

I'm not sure if this could be an issue with my Mac and iPhone, or possibly something wrong with my router, or it's just a complete mess up on Facebook's side.

If any fixes this issue I will forever be in your debt, this issue has burden me for nearly a year now, and with me moving back to Australia in February permanently it could be a problem for communicating with family, friends, etc.

I appreciate you brave people! lol.

Regards,

Justin

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Jun 26, 2015 10:45 AM

7 replies

Jun 26, 2015 8:52 PM in response to Vegals

On your Mac with Safari open, go to the Safari menu bar then click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab.

Now click: Remove All Website Data

Now delete the cache associated with Safari.

Open a Finder window. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder

Type or copy paste the following

~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db

Click Go then move the Cache.db file to the Trash.

Quit and relaunch Safari, try Facebook.

On your iPhone tap Settings > Safari then tap: Clear History and Website Data.

Restart your iPhone then try Facebook.

Jul 4, 2015 1:21 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Hey! Thanks so much for replying! I just tried the steps you've said above but it pretty much instantly logged me back off when getting on Facebook. :/ Would you happen to know any other reasons why it may be messing up? I've recently even tried creating a new account on another wifi with my phone and it instantly logs me out then too.

Thanks so much!

- Justin

Jul 4, 2015 6:39 AM in response to Vegals

Safari/Preferences/Advanced - enable the Develop menu, then go there and Empty Caches. Quit/reopen Safari and test. Then try Safari/History/Show History and delete all history items. Quit/reopen Safari and test. You can also try try Safari/Clear History and Web Site Data. The down side is it clears all cookies.Doing this may cause some sites to no longer recognize your computer as one that has visited the web site. Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library./Caches/com.apple.Safari/Caches.db and move it to the trash.

Go to Safari Preferences/Extensions and turn all extensions off. Test. If okay, turn the extensions on one by one until you figure out what extension is causing the problem.

10.9 and lower

Safari/Preferences/Advanced - enable the Develop menu, then go there and Empty Caches. Quit/reopen Safari and test. Then try Safari/History/Show History and delete all history items. Quit/reopen Safari and test. You can also try try Safari/Reset Safari. The down side is it clears all cookies.Doing this may cause some sites to no longer recognize your computer as one that has visited the web site. Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library./Caches/com.apple.Safari/Caches.db and move it to the trash.

Go to Safari Preferences/Extensions and turn all extensions off. Test. If okay, turn the extensions on one by one until you figure out what extension is causing the problem.

Safari Corruption See post by Linc Davis

Jul 5, 2015 4:22 PM in response to Eric Root

Hey! Thanks so much for the reply! I tried the 10.10 advice you gave but unfortunately it didn't work either. I wasn't thinking it would work in the first place because it was happening on chrome as well. I can't remember if I said previously or not but I've also tried creating a new account on my mac and it didn't work either. Even at a local coffee shops wifi router it wouldn't work.

I think it may be important to say I'm starting to believe Facebook is sometimes crashing my internet as well, the entire router it's self. For some strange reason once in a while when I'm trying possible solutions to fix my Facebook my router will just completely crash after I adjust some settings within Facebook. I never receive the "You must log out to continue" window but if the router recycles it and I refresh the page I will get the notification quickly after.

I'm just not sure how I could receive these errors while I'm also unable to access my Facebook on another network or even on another strangers phone. How could all these errors add up? Very confusing for me. lol.

If you would be so kind to keep helping me on this I would be eternally grateful, I can't seem to get help anywhere! Just one of those grey issues.

Thanks so much!

Jul 6, 2015 10:29 AM in response to Eric Root

Yeah! I ended up going through nearly every Facebook forum there is regarding the issue, tried most of their fixes which none works. I've posted on there but no one has gave my issue a go yet.

You must be right, it's got to be a Facebook issue, last night I grabbed yet another iPhone 6 from a friend and tried making a brand new account on their LTE with a brand new email and even then after the account is created it will still log me out. I don't understand how it's even happening lol. I'd say it's just a regular Facebook bug but the issue has been happening for a year now and it just seems highly unlikely that not a single person from anywhere has been unsuccessful and making a new account / signing up.

Facebook frequently logs me out, even with new accounts.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.