Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recording iPad and speech using Quicktime doesn't record when screen is static

I'm trying to record a demo of using an app, with me talking over the top of it.

I've hooked up my iPad Air 2 (iOS 8.3) to my Mac (10.10.3) using a lightning cable and am then using Quicktime to do a movie recording. I update the video source to iPad and then press the red button to record

It begins recording ok, but if the screen stops changing or moving (e.g. when I switch to the login page and talk over this for a bit), it stops capturing anything for that period, even though I'm still talking and only restarts again when the screen moves significantly. I can see that this has happened as the filesize indicator on the recording overlay stops increasing.

Any hints on what is going on?

iPad Air, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 26, 2015 9:48 AM

There are no replies.

Recording iPad and speech using Quicktime doesn't record when screen is static

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.