Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Thunderbolt Horror Story

I just wanted to share my Thunderbolt story.

Here is a brief timeline as I'm loosing the will to live at this point.:

Purchased monitor then after a year (just outside warranty) the monitor decided to not wake up.

Took it to Apple store where they replaced the Magsafe/Thunderbolt cable. ($350)

A few months after that it started doing the same thing again.

Took it back to the Apple store where they replaced the main controller...didn't fix the issue.

Was informed it would need the main panel replacing at an eye watering ($1200 plus tax)

Instructed by Apple to take it to another store for a 2nd opinion.

Same result, was instructed by the store to call Apple Care as they agreed it was 'a bit of a lemon'.

Apple Care essentially said they could offer a discount on the repair but it would still be just under a $1000.

So after at least 6 (out of the way) visits to two different stores and countless phone calls, I'm left with investing over $2500 into a monitor which, I'm not willing to do.

Cost of monitor + repair + repair = $TOO MUCH

The reason I paid out the money for an expensive monitor was that I wanted something reliable and durable. Neither of these things was achieved and to 'rub salt into the wound' I was politely told by Apple it was just tough luck.

I have invested heavily in the Apple ecosystem and feel very let down. I'm contemplating shifting my money elsewhere.

Thunderbolt Display (27-inch)

Posted on Jun 26, 2015 11:08 AM

There are no replies.

Thunderbolt Horror Story

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.