Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no storage available although I delete

Why does it say that I have no storage available even after deleting everything

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Jun 26, 2015 11:32 AM

11 replies

Jun 28, 2015 8:25 PM in response to jab2192

I accidentally solved my problem but don't know how to do this again in the future. Specifically, I must have clicked something that brought deleted pics and videos back up again! this time the choices on the were to delete or restore (or something like that). So apparently the pics are not truly deleted the first time (like email) and they go into deleted file where you have to delete them a 2nd time...but how do I get to that "deleted" pile?

Jun 28, 2015 8:28 PM in response to jab2192

Recently Deleted is an Album in the Photos app. Deleted photos and videos will stay in the Recently Deleted album for 30 days, and then be aged off. However, the aging off process is not always getting rid of the Deleted photos. So, if your memory is indicating you are using memory for photos that you no longer have in the Photos app, you will need to do this workaround until the issue is fixed:

Go to Settings>General>Time & Date and change the date to 9/1/2014

Go to your Recently Deleted album and delete any photos showing

Go back to Settings>General>Time & Date, and change it back to Set Automatically

Cheers,

GB

no storage available although I delete

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.