Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a CD/DVD with a lecture on it. How can I get it converted to text (txt, pdf, or docx)?

I have a CD/DVD with an audio lecture on it.

How can I convert it to a text version (txt, pdf, docx, etc.)?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), Folders

Posted on Jun 26, 2015 12:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2015 5:42 PM

Audio lectures aren't really convertible to any of the three formats you mentioned. They can be embedded in Word documents. But only as an audio embedded file without any actual text. Some audio lectures may included close captioning, which may have its own track, but that would require special software to convert to text, PDF, docx, etc....You could use speech recognition software such as Nuance's dictation software and see if it can recognize the the audio lecture and make plain text out of it, but it might require wiring the audio out to the audio in. Mind you MacBook Pros can't run Classic operating systems. So if you are talking MacBook Pro, you posted to the wrong forum:

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-2463

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2015 5:42 PM in response to RichHefley

Audio lectures aren't really convertible to any of the three formats you mentioned. They can be embedded in Word documents. But only as an audio embedded file without any actual text. Some audio lectures may included close captioning, which may have its own track, but that would require special software to convert to text, PDF, docx, etc....You could use speech recognition software such as Nuance's dictation software and see if it can recognize the the audio lecture and make plain text out of it, but it might require wiring the audio out to the audio in. Mind you MacBook Pros can't run Classic operating systems. So if you are talking MacBook Pro, you posted to the wrong forum:

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-2463

I have a CD/DVD with a lecture on it. How can I get it converted to text (txt, pdf, or docx)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.